Communication

What’s the best way to communicate?

Please talk to me, ask questions, it saves a lot of worrying!

I try to be available for a ‘chat’ before or after school so you can ask then or send me an email.  Please be aware that it does get a little bit tricky once I am actually sitting with the children.

All class notes from me will posted on this website please subscribe to our website so that you get automatic notifications

I find this the most efficient and easily managed way to get notes to you and know that you get them.

If you need to give me information regarding absences, doctors appointments or just a comment, please email or if you prefer write a short note, this year the schoolbag app can also be used.   By law we are required to record reasons for student absences so we need an excuse please!  If you are sending a note please hand it to me or ask your child to hand it to me.

The school newsletter is also sent via email.

Your child will need an extra large pencil case to use.  Lets call it a ‘Reading bag’ and will be used to keep the book your child borrows from the class and their home reading record book.

I choose the pencil case as they are waterproof and  store all the books safely.  They are widely available from news agents, Big W, Cheap as Chips etc.   There is no particular design however the size needs to be big enough to fit a A4 sheet of paper. Please ensure your child brings their reading bag every day.

If I have paper information from the school that needs to come home it will be given out as your child leaves the class at the end of the day.  If they are away it will be put in their tray I try to remind them to put it in their reading bag.    The first note I send home will be a “getting to know your child”  form please fill it in and hand it back to me as soon as possible.